Mt. Hood Glass Warranties
The repair process involves the injection of special adhesives into the damaged part of the glass. Success of each repair is dependent upon several factors. Best results are obtained when there is a small point of impact, the cracks around the damaged area are small, there is no moisture or foreign matter in the damaged area, and when the damage is recent.
Occasionally, attempting to repair a windshield can result in the chip or crack becoming larger. MT. HOOD GLASS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH DAMAGE.
If you are dissatisfied with the repair, Mt. Hood Glass will credit the cost of the repair toward replacement. If your insurance company paid for the repair, the insurance company will be given the credit.
Mt. Hood Glass guarantees that the repaired portion of the windshield will not crack further, however, if it does we will credit the cost of repair toward replacement.
This warranty applies as long as you own or lease the vehicle on which the repair was made and is not transferable.
MT. HOOD GLASS LIMITED WARRANTY
Automobile glass is warranted against defects in material for 30 days and workmanship for as long as you own the vehicle in which the glass is installed. Gasket set windows are only guaranteed against leaks if a new gasket is replaced with the windshield.
Oem “Original equipment manufacturer” or Dealer Purchased glass has no warranty on any glass product purchased. We do offer 30 day warranty on all labor and services that mt hood glass provides.
Motor home windshields are warranted against defects in material for 30 days and workmanship for 1 year from the date of installation as shown on the invoice.
If you have a problem that is covered by this warranty, contact Mt. Hood Glass at (503) 667-0290. Mt Hood Glass will repair or replace the warranted product. If, for some reason, Mt. Hood Glass is unable to make the repair or replacement, we will refund the original price of your warranted product.
To exercise your rights under this warranty, take your vehicle to Mt. Hood Glass along with copy of invoice. The defective installation will be corrected without charge.
Mt. Hood Glass
530 E. Powell Blvd
Gresham, OR 97080
- Vehicles with ADAS (Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems) may require calibration after a windshield installation. The ADAS may not function
properly until it has been recalibrated. Do not rely on the operation of the system until it has been properly recalibrated. It is the owner(s) responsibility to have the vehicle recalibrated as soon as possible, after windshield installation.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL MT. HOOD GLASS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Damages not involving workmanship or materials are expressly excluded from coverage under this warranty.
- Rust or holes in pinch weld, body or frame damage may cause a bonding failure and windows to not adhere correctly. IN NO EVENT SHALL MT. HOOD GLASS WARRANTY ANY INSTALL INVOLVING RUST OR DAMAGE TO PINCH WELD, BODY OR FRAME.
Workmanship- 1year from the date of substantial completion.
Installation of commercial & residential IG units and metal are warranted against defects in workmanship for a period of one year from the date of installation. The original manufacturer’s warranty (including all restrictions and guidelines applicable to the warranty) applies to all defects in material and workmanship and provides against seal failure. The manufacturer’s warranty is subject to a visual inspection to verify validity of claim.
General Limitations and Exclusions:
- Damage from Acts of God (hurricanes, tornadoes, flood, etc.), Acts of War, riots, vandalism, fire, and stress resulting from localized heat, modifications, pre-existing structural damage or impact with foreign objects is not covered by this warranty.
- Color variance may occur between replacement parts and weathered original material.
- Labor warranty does not transfer to Owner’s immediate transferee.
- Caulking – To seal window frame or trim package against water and/or air filtration, caulking may be necessary on some installations. Caulking maintenance is the responsibility of the owner. It is not considered part of the product and is not covered under the warranty.
- Condensation – condensation may occur as the natural result of humidity within a building or changes in interior/exterior temperature. It does not indicate a product defect. The warranty covers neither condensation, not frost, nor freezing from condensation on the windows or patio doors.
- Any work, improvement, alteration done by anyone other than a Mt. Hood Glass technician will void the warranty.